Team Chef Mirko Sut presents another winter warmer winner
Not to be outdone, Trek-Segafredo chef Mirko Sut has created a winter warmer recipe to match the one cooked up by chef Bram Lippens. A yummy and healthy dish designed for our riders during their winter training: low fat, easily digestible, and best of all, rich in taste.
Risotto with pumpkin and raspberry drops
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces (do not peel) and cook it in the oven with salt at 200°C / 400°F for one hour then blend to a purée.
- Boil 250 grams of raspberries with a bit of sugar for 5-10 minutes, then blend to a sauce.
- Toast the rice (200 grams or ~1 cup for two people) with oil and onion and start cooking with vegetable stock.
- After five minutes add some pumpkin purée and finish cooking the risotto as per Italian tradition: al dente.
- Let the rice dry and add parmesan cheese (30 grams) and olive oil to taste.
- Before serving add drops of raspberry sauce.
- Adjust the taste with salt, if needed.