Find out the details of the Dane's secret weapon for the opening stage of the Tour de France
The wait for an exciting new edition of the Tour de France is almost over. The challenge for the 2022 yellow jersey will begin today in Copenhagen, capital of Denmark, with a 13.2km super-fast prologue.
Among the most anticipated riders, both for the Danish public and Trek-Segafredo fans, is without doubt Mads Pedersen. The 2019 World Champion will take the start at 4:26pm CEST with number 171 on his back, trying to outwit the fastest men against the clock.
For his attempt, Mads will have at his disposal the proven (and winning) third generation of Trek Speed Concept. Check out the photos below for the finer details of his bike.
- Frame: Trek Speed Concept (Large)
- Groupset: SRAM Red AXS
- Disc brakes: SRAM Red 140mm
- Chainring: SRAM Aero 1x 60 tooth
- Cassette: SRAM Red 10-26
- Chain: SRAM RED AXS flat top
- Cranks: SRAM AXS dub 172.5
- Bearings: Kogel ceramic
- Tires: Pirelli P Zero TT
- Front wheel: Bontrager Aeolus 75
- Rear wheel: Zipp sub 9
- Saddle: Bontrager Hilo XXX
- Cockpit: Bontrager semi custom extensions
- Bike computer: Wahoo Elemnt bolt