Get ready for this weekend's epic triathlon battle!
It’s been a wild year for triathlon, with the vast majority of races getting canceled due to the pandemic. The 2020 PTO (Professional Triathlon Organization) Championships — beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET this Sunday, Dec. 6 — will end the year on a high point, offering an eye-watering 1.15 Million dollar purse, and bringing together the absolute best in triathlon for a wild weekend at the Daytona International Speedway.
To catch the racing action live, just head over to the PTO website for the broadcast. The action will be intense on the viewer friendly and legendary course. See below to learn about the Trek athletes who will be competing!
Trek will have solid representation at the event:
- Holly Lawrence, who won in September at 70.3 Cozumel.
- Tim O’Donnell, a long distance specialist who will need to find his short course legs this weekend. However, his past podiums at Kona show he is always contender.
- Paula Findlay, who has had a quiet year, but has a history of excellent results in December, including winning Challenge Daytona in 2019.
- Ben Kanute, a consummate danger man, regardless of event. Everyone will be watching Ben.
- Rudy Von Berg, who has the most triathlon passports of anyone, and a race win this year. He is a confident bet.
- Sara Svensk, who is hoping to make her mark on a quiet year in sunny Florida.
- Skye Moench, already proving she back to her successful form from a year ago.
With so little racing this year, the results could be unpredictable. Steel yourself race fans, it’s going to be a busy weekend of triathlon!